Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. She loves to make soups during the winter and this is one of my favorites that she makes. I like to make it and eat the leftovers. Nathan likes to take it to work during the winter. You can make it more spicy by adding jalapenos or more rotel chilis. You can add black beans, etc. The next time I make it, I may try adding some additional ingredients but it is still good as is!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans cream of celery
  • 2 can enchillada sauce (mild)
  • 2 can refried beans
  • 2 cans rotel chils (small ones)
  • 1 fat can diced tomatoes 
  • 1 big can of corn
  • Montary Jack cheese
  • cut chicken pieces (white and dark meat) big pack
  • tortilla chips
Preparation:
  1. Boil chicken until cooked all the way through and cut up into small pieces.
  2. Pour out about half of the chicken water into another pot. (in case you need to add some if the soup is too thick)
  3. Dump all the ingredients into the pot of water with half the water and let simmer about 20-30 minutes.
  4. Add cheese on top to serve and serve with tortilla chips 

No comments:

Post a Comment