- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. dried sage leaves
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, lettuce leaves and tomato slices are optional
- In a small bowl, combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and 1 tsp. mustard; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, salt, rosemary, sage and remaining mustard.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight thin patties.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto center of four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juices run clear. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.